Senior Design Researcher for Healthcare
We are looking for someone who is wants to improve the patient experience in healthcare. This design researcher position means that you are adept at both observing and creating. You know how to ask the difficult questions in creative and inventive ways that make people want and know how to answer them. You know how to gather deep human understanding in creative, quick and actionable ways. You want to blend business needs with human needs, wants, desires, and expectations, and most importantly you know how to make this actionable.
Diagram is a design studio and consultancy working in healthcare. We strongly believe that design can improve the patient experience. We work hard to bring patient insights and prototyping early in the process of development and maintain it as a function throughout the product or service evolution. We believe that each person has something to offer and can wear many different hats. We aren’t afraid to work on a hunch, get it wrong and build it again. We’re looking for similar individuals who are up for the challenge.
● engage clients in diverse and novel research ideas and approaches (both generative and iterative)
● use narrative strategies to share, align and interact with various stakeholders
● develop research briefs, protocols, methods and approaches
● execute research (including recruitment oversight, discussion guides, etc)
● conduct thought-provoking analysis that goes beyond initial observations
● translate or synthesize research into actionable products/services
● guide and lead junior members of the team in research methods and needs
● lead in-field research projects from start to finish
● share and communicate Diagram’s vision
● actively participate in building a creative, productive, fun studio environment
● develop collaborative, cross-functional approaches
● be self-initiated and bring new/relevant ideas to the table
● ability to travel
● must be able to work 100% in office
● demonstrate that you know how to get your hands dirty and make - not just talk
● must have lead multi-disciplinary internal and external teams
● must be a good storyteller
● a no fear attitude when it comes to new methods and approaches
● know that sometimes you have to make it in order to know if it’s right
● simplify complex ideas
● work quickly and efficiently - be flexible and agile
● technical efficiency with Creative Cloud and Microsoft Office Suites
● 3-4 years of research experience
● have a graduate degree or equivalent
● 5-7 years of experience in a relevant field
● be collaborative and communicative
We are looking for a fulltime position to work in our Flatiron office.
Be in touch here info at diagram office dot com.
Studio Manager/Social Media Coordinator
At Diagram we believe that design can improve the patient experience. We are a healthcare design studio and consultancy. We bring patient insights and prototyping early in the process of development and maintain it as a function throughout the product or service evolution. We work with various health companies from Pharma customer experience teams to healthcare foundations. We infuse design thinking into all of our processes and we’re looking for individuals who like to do the same.
Diagram seeks a high-energy, outgoing person as a Studio Operations & Social Media Coordinator for a full time position. This opportunity is ideal for an eager, self-starting and organized individual seeking to build a portfolio of social media management. You will help build an social media presence for Diagram, our podcast “Yah, No” and other exciting initiatives.
Social Media Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Assist with building an engaging brand presence on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and more
- Community management and foster 2-way conversation with users on Instagram and Twitter
- respond to comments from the community in a timely manner
- Assist with supporting team in production and promotion of engaging content to coincide with website updates, recent projects/case studies, marketing messages, podcast episode launches and more.
- Measure, analyze and report on all social media initiatives.
- Coordinate and contribute with teams on projects
- proactively stay on top of the latest trends, platforms and information in social media in healthcare and other competitive industries
- Develop and manage Social Media content creation, production, and posting schedules
- Source, write and produce on-brand content and imagery
Studio Operations Manager Responsibilities:
- Direct oversight of and proficiency in the administrative operations and studio management.
- Opening office daily
- Support in organizing for workshops/presentations including materials, catering, .
- Maintain a strict organization of design studio including supplies, schedules/calendars of partners, overall studio maintenance
- Superior writing and communication skills
- Uncanny attention to detail, unrivaled time management skills, exceptional initiative and follow-through skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments under high pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to follow direction and work independently when necessary
- Superior organizational skills
- Rigorous work ethic and team player
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Must be strong self-starter who thinks on her/his feet to solve problems
- Superior interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills; ability to thrive in a cross-functional, team-based
environment is critical
- Excellent photo editing skills and strong grasp of the visual web a plus
- Interest in healthcare and design a plus
- Experience with Microsoft suite and Creative Cloud a plus
We’re small so being an intern here means you’ll be IN it. We work hard when we have to, and believe that sometimes it’s a necessity to head out to an event or film for some inspiration.
You will work closely with the partners on projects ranging from healthcare companies to individual doctors. You’ll have exposure to a wide range of capabilities such as what it takes to get a co-creation session with patients off the ground and how to design for behaviors. You might even learn to make a mean green smoothie (training required).
If you’ve got the following, we’re keen to meet you:
· design background
· experience in healthcare is a plus, but not required
· no fear of jumping in, even when the water is cold, rough, and it’s foggy outside
· be self-initiated and independent
· be willing to learn and be challenged
· We’re looking for someone to be present in our space at least 2-3 days a week. We plan on putting in the time and energy to expose you to as much design and healthcare as you can stand.
If you’re interested, the first step is to submit a resume, cover letter, and portfolio to info at diagram office dot com.